OUR LEARNING STORY
Our mission is to inspire every student to think, learn, achieve, care and enjoy a healthy lifestyle.
Springvalley Elementary School currently enrolls 265 students from Kindergarten to Grade 5. We have a diverse population of students and serve the Rutland area. We offer many programs to support the needs of our learners including:
- Brown Bag
- Breakfast program which serves 60 - 70 students each morning
- BC Fruit and Vegetable program for all of our students
- BC Milk program for all of our students
- Boys and Girls Club after school care
- Costco volunteers are matched with a group of primary students to provide reading support
- Full-time Aboriginal Advocate
- Extra curricular sports activities
We have also forged a partnership with our middle school neighbours, Springvalley Middle School. Every month, the grade 8 WEB Leaders from SMS work with our grade 5 student leaders to lead activities for the rest of our students. The SMS Leadership students have also participated in activities like the Bike Rodeo, Monster Bash, Track and Field Meet, and Family Carnival throughout the year.
Our school's focus is on providing the best possible learning environment for our students while identifying vulnerable and at-risk learners through a Response to Intervention (RTI) model of support. We have also developed a focus on the social/emotional well-being of our students. Please continue to our Inquiry Process to see how we are attending to these foci.